How Do I Keep My Listed Home Clean (With Kids)
Dec 01, 2020
Maintaining a clean home is challenging with children underfoot. But when it comes time to list your property for sale, cleanliness is a priority. Especially with worries over germs and clutter, you likely have many questions about keeping your newly listed home clean and ready for potential buyers. We hope these questions and answers help you navigate the process of listing and maintaining your property for sale.
Is it a good idea to get my home cleaned before listing during COVID-19?
Yes – using the appropriate cleaning products can help protect you and potential buyers from becoming ill. Taking precautions during showings is also helpful.
- There are pros and cons to selling right now, but the right tools and precautions make all the difference.
- An open house is definitely still doable
- Another option is a virtual open house event
- You can even have your home professionally cleaned, but like with everything else, a few safety measures keep everyone safe
- Call up a cleaning agency to help you find a dependable and safe professional cleaner
- Your kids' things can be among the toughest to organize, but there are tricks to tap into
- Your entire home should be clean, but give special attention to bathrooms the kids use
- Organizational goods can be a boon in your efforts to tidy up
- Don’t skip your closets, because buyers will look there, too
- Embrace some clever tricks for hiding things on the run